Issues to consider before contacting us for help

Are you dissatisfied with the assets supplied under your agreement with Bollin Capital Ltd? Or perhaps you’re unhappy with the level of service you have received, or feel that you need to make a complaint.

Please read the following useful information before contacting us.

What do I do if my goods are faulty?

If you believe the asset is not fit for purpose, has an inherent fault, or does not comply with the Sales of Goods Act 1979, Visit the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform ( ), you should first make contact with the dealer or supplier of the asset and explain your concerns.

The dealer or supplier is qualified in their relevant business sector, so they are responsible for deciding whether the asset needs to be replaced or repaired, or if further investigation is required. As the organisation financing your asset, we are not in a position to make assessments about faults or if the assets are fit for purpose, so we will refer any requests of this nature to the dealer or supplier.

In the unlikely event that you are unable to resolve the issue directly with the dealer or supplier, you should contact us explaining the situation. Please note that we will contact the dealer or supplier to assist us in reaching a resolution. You can find out more about the Sales of Goods Act from the Department of Trade and Industry (
You must inform us if the supplier agrees to replace the goods as a variation will be required to your agreement.

What are my cancellation or withdrawal rights?

Please check the terms and conditions under the “Your Rights” section of your agreement with us. This will provide details on how to withdraw from or cancel your agreement, should you be entitled to do this.

How do I query the information on my credit file?

The first step is always to obtain a copy of your credit file from either of the credit reference agencies – Experian or Equifax – so you can check exactly what information is recorded about you. If you find any details that you would like to query, please contact us.
Visit the Experian website (
Visit the Equifax website (
When reviewing your credit file, please be aware that we are legally required to provide credit reference agencies with factual information concerning your payment history. For example, if you are currently disputing a debt, we must still record whether or not payments are being made until the matter is resolved.
If it is found that we have recorded incorrect information, we will remedy your credit file to show the correct position. However, we will not be able to consider requests to amend a credit file where there are continuing concerns such as legal action or debt disputes.

I am unhappy with the service I have received.

It is important that you contact us as soon possible if you have a problem. We will record your complaint and investigate the matter promptly. In almost all cases the matter can be dealt with quickly but occasionally it may take a little longer.

Our Fees Explained

We are pleased to provide some information regarding fees, which may be charged on agreements with Bollin Capital Ltd.

We will charge an administration fee when we arrange your facility. This fee varies depending on the complexity of each transaction, with a more complex deal attracting a higher fee to reflect the extra work involved.

There are also post-contractual fees which are noted in the Key Information section of your agreement. These fees relate to issues such as unpaid rental payments, cancelled direct debit mandates etc.

If you would like any further information, please contact us.

Manage Your Agreement

Here are the answers to some common questions about your agreement with us, including how you can make changes. In order to protect customer information, please be aware that we can only discuss the agreement if you are our customer, or their pre-authorised representative.

How can I change my address details?

To change or amend your address, please call our team. Please note we can only take address changes from a Director or Company Secretary in the case of a limited company or the Proprietor (sole traders) or Partner (partnerships) unless you have provided us with the identity of an authorised person to act on your behalf. You can advise us in writing to our registered address.

How do I change my bank details?

If you are already making payments by Direct Debit or Standing Order and would like to change your existing bank details, please call our team before making any changes

What payment methods do you accept?

Transfers or cash (over the counter at any Lloyds Bank branch).
To make a payment directly to us, please contact us for our bank account details.
Always remember to reference your full contract number for our records.

How do I change my payment method?

To change your regular payment method, please call our team

How can I obtain a settlement figure?

To receive a settlement figure, please call our team

What can I do if I’m having problems making payments?

If you are experiencing financial difficulties that may affect your obligations under your agreement, we may be able to help. Please call us as soon as possible so that we can discuss any options with you. Please do not allow your account to go into arrears before contacting us. We will do our best to find a solution acceptable to us both.

What do I need to do if I wish to sell a leased asset?

Under the terms of a lease agreement the goods do not become your property and you must not sell them without our knowledge or consent. However, in some circumstances we will consent. A leased asset can only be sold to an unconnected third party. You will be asked to pay the balance of any outstanding rentals plus a title fee. In addition you will also be required to pay VAT on the full sale price of the asset to us. As VAT was charged on the asset when the agreement started, we must include VAT when the asset is sold to comply with HM Revenue & Customs Regulations. Please contact us for further information and an exact figure.

What happens when I reach the end of my primary period in a lease agreement?

Please contact us so we may explain how you may be able to continue leasing the goods for a secondary annual rental, how to return them or how they can be sold

How we treat our customers fairly

At Bollin Capital Ltd we are fully committed to being fair to our customers.

We are committed to delivering high quality service and are constantly looking at ways in which we can improve the service we provide to our customers.

We have a written complaints policy and a copy can be supplied on request.

We believe that the fair treatment of customers means:

  • Behaving in a way that encourages our customers to want a long term relationship with us.
  • Treating our customers in a professional, considerate manner with their best interests in mind.
  • Being clear and transparent in respect of all products and in all communications with our customers.
  • Developing products which reflect our customers’ needs.
  • Dealing with our customers personally, promptly and in a consistent manner.
  • Obtaining feedback from our customers on the service we provide and areas where we could improve.
  • Ensuring that our promotional material is clear, accurate and jargon free.
  • Ensuring that our customer facing staff are thoroughly trained on all products they recommend and understand who they are and aren’t suitable for.
  • Ensuring that our staff are kept up to date with relevant training in matters affecting the quality of service offered to our customers including the fair treatment of customer.
  • Encouraging all staff to consider the fair treatment of customers in their day to day business activities.
  • Ensuring that any customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially.